Make and share this Caramel Bars recipe from Food.com.
- .Mix flour,brown sugar, oatmeal,salt,baking soda, and butter.
- Reserve 1 cup and press remaining into ungreased 9 x 13 pan. Bake for 15 mins.at 350 degrees.
- Melt 32 caramels in 5 tablespoons of milk.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on crust while hot.
- Dribble caramel over chocolate chips.
- Sprinkle remaining crust on top.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
Could not get more simple than this to make a very yummy bar recipe. Nice texture due to the addition of oatmeal and not overly sweet with the caramel. Really liked these bars! Made for PAC April 2008.