Recipe by Dakota1980
This was given to me by a family member and quickly became a favorite. It is so easy to whip up. I found the Kraft caramel bits so easy to use. No more unwrapping all the little caramels. Enjoy!
- 11 ounces caramel candies (1 bag)
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Place caramels and cream in double boiler to melt.
- Grease 9 x 13 pan.
- Put 3/4 batter in pan.
- Bake 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Let crust and caramel cool.
- Pour the caramel mixture over crust.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Sprinkle the rest of the crumbs over the filling.
- Bake 10 minutes longer.