Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
Delicious and rich - you'll need a whole glass of milk with one of these!
- 1 (1 lb) package caramel, unwrapped
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Melt caramels with 3/4 c whipping cream in a heavy saucepan over medium low heat. Stir occasionally while mixing the crust.
- While caramels are melting, cream together butter, margerine and brown sugar. Add in the flour, oats, soda and 1/4 c whipping cream. Blend well. Mixture will be stiff & crumbly.
- Press 1/2 of the oatmeal mixture into a greased 9x13" pan. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Cool.
- Pour melted caramels over the baked crust. Sprinkle remaining oatmeal mixture over the top of the caramel.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.