Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A co-worker gave me this recipe after a potluck at work. I sometimes add pecons, but- awesome as is!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 32 caramels
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- 5 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix the first six ingredients for crust. Place half of mix in a greased 9x13 inch pan. Bake crust for 10 minutes.
- Melt caramels and whipping cream.
- Place chocolate chips over baked crust, drizzel caramel over chips, then place the remaining crust mixture on top of the caramel.
- Bake another 10-15 minutes at 350 degrees.
This was tasty, but it was hard to detect there was even a caramel layer in there. My husband complained it was on the dry side too...perhaps a fault of my own, but I did follow baking times to a T. We found this to be a rather nondescript bar.