Recipe by WaterMelon
This is very easy to make, and it's delicious too. Use pure maple syrup if possible. Makes ALL the difference. Serve as a light dessert or at a lazy Sunday brunch on pancakes.
Top Review by Winnipeg *Mel*
I made this for dessert and served it over ice cream. Delicious!!! Next time however I think I will double the amount of sauce so that there is more to pour over the ice cream. It was very tasty and not too sweet.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup (may use brown sugar in a pinch)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut bananas in half crosswise then lengthwise.
- Melt the butter over medium-high heat in a large skillet and place the bananas in the butter, coating them using a pastry brush.
- Move the bananas to one side of the pan.
- Slightly tip the pan (with bananas on upper side), then add the maple syrup (or brown sugar), vanilla and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon and give the mixture a good stir.
- Lower the pan and blend the sauce with the bananas, spooning the sauce over the top.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Arrange 4 banana pieces on each dessert plate.
- Garnish each dish with mint sprig, and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or any flavor ice cream of your choice.