1/1 Photo of Caramel Bananas with Maple Syrup
This is very easy to make, and it's delicious too. Use pure maple syrup if possible. Makes ALL the difference. Serve as a light dessert or at a lazy Sunday brunch on pancakes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut bananas in half crosswise then lengthwise.
- 2Melt the butter over medium-high heat in a large skillet and place the bananas in the butter, coating them using a pastry brush.
- 3Move the bananas to one side of the pan.
- 4Slightly tip the pan (with bananas on upper side), then add the maple syrup (or brown sugar), vanilla and lemon juice.
- 5Sprinkle the cinnamon and give the mixture a good stir.
- 6Lower the pan and blend the sauce with the bananas, spooning the sauce over the top.
- 7Cook for 5 minutes.
- 8Arrange 4 banana pieces on each dessert plate.
- 9Garnish each dish with mint sprig, and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or any flavor ice cream of your choice.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Bananas with Maple Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 208.4
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 5.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 33.0 g
- Protein 1.3 g