Another recipe I found on-line while looking for South Africa recipes to post for ZWT.
Make and share this Caramel Bananas recipe from Food.com.
- In a small skillet, heat 1/2 cup WHITE SUGAR
- 1 cup LIGHT BROWN SUGAR
- 3 Tbs. EVAPORATED MILK
- 2 Tbs. BUTTER.
- Cook until sugar caramelizes (i.e., melts and starts to turn brown).
- Stir in 2 oz. WHITE RUM and cool.
- Arrange 1/2 BANANA per person in compote dish.
- Spoon 3 to 4 Tbs. CARAMEL SAUCE over bananas.
- Sprinkle 1 to 2 teaspoons CHOPPED PEANUTS over caramel sauce.