Recipe by Evie*
simple and yum
Top Review by Bev
Evie, Spectacular is the word I will use to describe you Caramel Bananas! Very simple to prepare and oh, so incredible to eat! I scaled down the measurements for only myself, because I was alone in the house and didn't want to wait to taste this extraordinary recipe. I'm so glad I didn't wait! Everyone who loves bananas should try this recipe! Don't wait - Try it today! You'll be glad you did!
- 10 small bananas
- 90 g butter
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the bananas and cut in half lengthways.
- Heat 2/3rds of the butter in a large non stick frying pan.
- When foaming, add the banana halves.
- Cook over medium heat for about 2 minutes each side.
- Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Add the remaining butter to the pan with the sugar, syrup and sour cream.
- Whisk over low heat until until the sugar dissolves.
- Simmer 1 minute.
- Whisk in cream and simmer for a further minute.
- Return bananas to the pan and simmer gently for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve immediately with vanilla ice cream and a dollop of whipped cream.