Recipe by Tansy.
I love the taste of cooked bananas, and cooked in a caramel sauce makes them even better!
- 2 ounces butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 large bananas
- 3 ounces butter
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3⁄4 cup self raising flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in pan and stir in brown sugar to dissolve.
- Stir in lemon juice and water.
- Add sliced bananas and cook for 2 minutes making sure well covered by lemon juice mixture Spoon into a serving dish and put aside.
- Cream the second lot of butter and sugar, and add egg yolks Stir in sifted flour and milk and water in 2 batches. Beat egg whites until stiff and gently fold into flour mixture.
- Spoon the mixture over the bananas and caramel.
- Stand dish in baking dish and pour boiling water around sides to come half way up.
- Bake at 350 deg F approx 45 minutes.
- Dust with icing sugar to serve.