This is a recipe I tore out of a magazine. i made it this week, and it was so delicious! It disappeared very quickly, and I have been asked to make another. My kids loved it and took slices in their lunch boxes. Even my eldest, who is kinda fussy and never eats cake..just LOVED it!
- Grease a 14cmx21cm loaf pan, line base and long sides.
- Combine flour, bicarb, and nutmeg in a large bowl. Stir in dates and brown sugar. Make a well in the centre, add juice, butter, egg, and bananas. Mix with a wooden spoon until smooth. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Cook at 180C for about 1 hour.
- Stand cake in pan for 5 minutes before turning out on a rack.
- Serve warm or cold, with a little butter.