Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A banana cupcake with a caramel glaze. I thought this could be a little like Bananas Foster......
For the cupcakes
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
For the glaze
- 20 -25 caramels
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven 350°F
- In large bowl, cream butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Add eggs, vanilla and banana; mix well.
- Add flour mixture alternately with sour cream; blend thoroughly but do not overmix.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan on rack; remove and cool completely before decorating.
- For the glaze:.
- In medium microwavable bowl, combine caramels and evaporated milk; heat on medium heat, stirring occasionally, until caramels are melted.
- Stir in vanilla. Dip cupcake tops into caramel mixture.