Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A banana cupcake with a caramel glaze. I thought this could be a little like Bananas Foster......
Make and share this Caramel Banana Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven 350°F
- In large bowl, cream butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Add eggs, vanilla and banana; mix well.
- Add flour mixture alternately with sour cream; blend thoroughly but do not overmix.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan on rack; remove and cool completely before decorating.
- For the glaze:.
- In medium microwavable bowl, combine caramels and evaporated milk; heat on medium heat, stirring occasionally, until caramels are melted.
- Stir in vanilla. Dip cupcake tops into caramel mixture.