1/1 Photo of Caramel Banana Cake Roll
Mom gave me this recipe from a magazine..my husband could not tell it was a lightened recipe
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml cake flour
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 177.44 ml sugar, divided
- 118.29 ml mashed banana (about 1 medium)
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 4.92 ml grated fresh lemon rind
- 3 egg whites
- 14.79 ml confectioners' sugar
- 1Line a 15x10x1" jelly roll pan coated with nonstick spray with wax paper and coat the paper with nonstick spray; set aside.
- 2Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder.
- 3In a large mixing bowl,beat eggs for 5 minutes; add 1/2 cup sugar, banana, vanilla and lemon peel.
- 4In a small mixing bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining sugar, a tablespoon at a time on high until stiff peaks form.
- 5Add flour mixture to banana mixture, mix gently until combined. Fold in egg white mixture.
- 6Spread into prepared pan. Bake at 375* for 10-12 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- 7Cool for 5 minutes. Turn cake onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off wax paper.
- 8Roll up cake in towel jelly roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely ona wire rack.
- 9For filling, in a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and brown sugar till smooth and sugar is dissolved. Beat in vanilla; fold in whipped topping.
- 10Unroll cake, spread filling over cake to within 1/2" of edge.
- 11Roll up again, place seam side down on serving platter.
- 12Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
- 13Before serving, lightly sprinkle with confectioner's sugar, then drizzle with ice cream topping.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Banana Cake Roll
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 287.2
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 63.8 mg
- Sodium 342.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 37.6 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free caramel topping