This is another recipe from the Australian Chef, Ben O'Donoghue, and is from the TV show "The Best In Australia". I am posting this for ZWT - Australia and it is untried by me. I am totally guessing (as it isn't posted in the recipe) on the amount of servings and (for the warm chocolate sauce) would just use about 4 Tablespoons Single cream and heat it and gradually sprinkle in the cocoa until it tastes nice an chocolatey!!! Use the Measurement Converter for this recipe if you are in US. Please also note that it takes 3 hours to caramelise the condensed milk if not buying it already caramelised.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Sweet Pastry Ingredients
- 250 g mascarpone cheese
- 250 g creme fraiche (sub sour cream or yogurt if it isn't avail to you)
- condensed milk, caramelised
- 100 g dark chocolate (70% cocoa)
- 1 banana, sliced (and pan fried (lightly in a bit of butter)
Warm Chocolate Sauce
- single cream
- dark chocolate (70%cocoa)
- 1Prepare the sweet pastry by rubbing the cold butter with the flour and icing sugar until a fine crumb is achieved. Add the egg yolks and bring together. Wrap in cling film and chill for at least two hours.
- 2Place the tins of condensed milk into a heavy bottomed pot and cover with water and simmer for three hours. Keep covered with water at all times, remove after three hours and allow to cool completely.
- 3Roll out the pastry and line individual pastry rings leaving the pastry over hanging until the baking is complete. Blind bake until the base is golden brown. Allow to cool, and then trim the edges. Melt chocolate then line the inside of the pastry case with a thin layer of chocolate.
- 4Combine the crème friache and the mascarpone in a bowl. Then fold through the caramelized condensed milk to create a ripple effect. Deposit it evenly between the tart bases.
- 5Slice the bananas and gently pan fry in a little butter until golden. Arrange them on top of each tart and drizzle with warm chocolate sauce.
- 6Note: Please take extreme caution when boiling the tin of condensed milk as it can be dangerous. You can purchase pre-made caramel as an alternative.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Banana Banoffee Tart
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1303.6
- Calories from Fat 792
- Total Fat 88.0 g
- Saturated Fat 53.9 g
- Cholesterol 336.4 mg
- Sodium 44.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 121.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 28.7 g
- Protein 17.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: