1/3 Photos of Caramel Baked Apple Crisps
This is a recipe from the wall of our old home. Which means, I have no idea where it came from after 7 years. I'm posting these because they are my favorites if they made it to the wall. Try serving this one with some fresh Whipped Cream or Dulce de Leche Ice Cream. It says serves 6, but really only 3 (with seconds). Enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter, chilled
- 1 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Did you know you can type the symbol for degree by holding down the Alt key and typing 248? Try it.
- 2Cut 3 tbs butter into oats, sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg until crumbly.
- 3Cut 1/3 top off apples. Core out center using melon baller or grapefruit spoon.
- 4Find more than happy 4yo ready to eat the apple's 'guts', give her half.
- 5Mix the surviving apple pieces with the crisp mixture.
- 6Spread rest of butter inside apples. Fill apples with crisp mixture, pressing firmly.
- 7Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- 8Top the apples with the apple dip. Bake for 20 more minutes.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Baked Apple Crisps
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.8
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 19.4 mg
- Sodium 110.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 39.9 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
caramel apple dip