This is a recipe from the wall of our old home. Which means, I have no idea where it came from after 7 years. I'm posting these because they are my favorites if they made it to the wall. Try serving this one with some fresh Whipped Cream or Dulce de Leche Ice Cream. It says serves 6, but really only 3 (with seconds). Enjoy.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Did you know you can type the symbol for degree by holding down the Alt key and typing 248? Try it.
- Cut 3 tbs butter into oats, sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg until crumbly.
- Cut 1/3 top off apples. Core out center using melon baller or grapefruit spoon.
- Find more than happy 4yo ready to eat the apple's 'guts', give her half.
- Mix the surviving apple pieces with the crisp mixture.
- Spread rest of butter inside apples. Fill apples with crisp mixture, pressing firmly.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Top the apples with the apple dip. Bake for 20 more minutes.