Prep 4 hrs
Cook 25 mins
This is divine--a Thanksgiving must.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 12 large granny smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
Bourbon pecan ice cream
- 2 pints homemade-style vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
- Melt butter in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add apple, sugar, and lemon juice; cook, stirring often, 20 to 25 minutes or until apple is caramel colored. Spoon into a shallow, greased 2-quart baking dish.
- Roll each pie crust to press out fold lines; cut into 1/2-inch strips. Arrange strips in a lattice design over filling; fold edges under. Place remaining strips on a baking sheet.
- Bake remaining strips at 425°F for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden. Set aside to serve with cobbler. Bake cobbler at 425°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until crust is golden. Serve warm with pastry strips and Bourbon-Pecan Ice Cream.
- To make bourbon ice cream: Stir together all ingredients; freeze 4 hours.