4 hrs 25 mins
southern chef in louisiana's Note:
This is divine--a Thanksgiving must.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 12 large granny smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
Bourbon pecan ice cream
- 1Melt butter in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add apple, sugar, and lemon juice; cook, stirring often, 20 to 25 minutes or until apple is caramel colored. Spoon into a shallow, greased 2-quart baking dish.
- 2Roll each pie crust to press out fold lines; cut into 1/2-inch strips. Arrange strips in a lattice design over filling; fold edges under. Place remaining strips on a baking sheet.
- 3Bake remaining strips at 425°F for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden. Set aside to serve with cobbler. Bake cobbler at 425°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until crust is golden. Serve warm with pastry strips and Bourbon-Pecan Ice Cream.
- 4To make bourbon ice cream: Stir together all ingredients; freeze 4 hours.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel-Applesauce Cobbler With Bourbon-Pecan Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (542 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 993.0
- Calories from Fat 424
- Total Fat 47.1 g
- Saturated Fat 18.6 g
- Cholesterol 61.9 mg
- Sodium 486.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 139.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.9 g
- Sugars 101.0 g
- Protein 7.0 g