Marie Nixon's Note:
This is based on Martha Stewart's recipe. I like to make this in my 12" cast iron skillet for an old-fashioned, homey feel.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel, core and slice the apples into eights. Aim to keep the slices all about the same size so they cook at the same rate.
- 2In a large bowl, toss all the apple slices with the lemon juice and set aside.
- 3Melt butter in a large skilled over medium-high heat. Sprinkle sugar over melted butter and cook until sugar begins to brown.
- 4Add apples. Cover with lid, if desired, and cook until they turn golden brown and are soft, about 8 minutes. Stir in cinnamon and salt; remove skillet from heat.
- 5Place apple mixture in the bowl of a food processor; process to desired smoothness. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
- 6Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Applesauce
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 216.9
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 22.9 mg
- Sodium 41.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 31.2 g
- Protein 0.5 g