Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
These delicious caramel apples are just the thing to make when you want something quick and easy to make for Halloween, or for a party!
Top Review by idaframe
OMG, these were so awesome, and everyone couldn't wait to bring one of these home to munch on! I made all different kinds to give to everyone on their way out the door to bring home with them as a thank you for coming to our Halloween party. The young and old alike loved these!
- 12 large granny smith apples
- 12 craft sticks
- 2 (14 ounce) packagesindividually wrapped caramels, unwrapped
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups chopped peanuts or 2 cups walnuts or 2 cups cashews or 2 cups pecans
- candy bars (such as Snickers and Butterfinger chopped into small pieces M&M's, mini chocolate chips, Toffee Bric) or any other of your favorite decorative candies (optional) or chocolate candy bar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove the stem from each apple, and press a craft stick into the top, and almost through the apple.
- Butter a large baking sheet.
- Place caramels and milk in a microwave safe bowl, and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes until caramels are melted, stirring once or twice during cooking time, Allow to cool briefly.
- Roll each apple in caramel sauce, until well coated.
- Roll in chopped nuts, candy bars, or candy pieces, and let set on baking sheet, until cool.