Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
These delicious caramel apples are just the thing to make when you want something quick and easy to make for Halloween, or for a party!
- 12 large granny smith apples
- 12 craft sticks
- 2 (14 ounce) packagesindividually wrapped caramels, unwrapped
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups chopped peanuts or 2 cups walnuts or 2 cups cashews or 2 cups pecans
- candy bars (such as Snickers and Butterfinger chopped into small pieces M&M's, mini chocolate chips, Toffee Bric) or any other of your favorite decorative candies (optional) or chocolate candy bar (optional)
- Remove the stem from each apple, and press a craft stick into the top, and almost through the apple.
- Butter a large baking sheet.
- Place caramels and milk in a microwave safe bowl, and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes until caramels are melted, stirring once or twice during cooking time, Allow to cool briefly.
- Roll each apple in caramel sauce, until well coated.
- Roll in chopped nuts, candy bars, or candy pieces, and let set on baking sheet, until cool.
OMG, these were so awesome, and everyone couldn't wait to bring one of these home to munch on! I made all different kinds to give to everyone on their way out the door to bring home with them as a thank you for coming to our Halloween party. The young and old alike loved these!
Kids had so much fun decorating these. Made for trial run for a Halloween party this year. This is one of the winners so far.