Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
One bite of ooey, gooey, sweet and sticky caramel with fresh crisp apple and you'll remember why you love fall. And the colors ain't it.
- 5 apples, washed and well dried (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 (14 ounce) pacakage Kraft caramels
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 cups baker's angel flake coconut, toasted
- 2 ounces baker's semi-sweet baking chocolate
Directions See How It's Made
- Insert wooden pop sticks into stem ends of apples. Microwave caramels and water in deep microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 to 3 minutes or until caramels are melted, stirring every minute.
- DIP apples in caramel, turning to evenly coat; scrape excess from bottoms of apples. Roll apples in coconut; place on greased tray. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- MICROWAVE chocolate in separate deep microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 minute or 1 minute 15 seconds or until chocolate is almost melted, stirring after 1 minute; stir until completely melted. Drizzle chocolate over apples; return to tray. Let stand until chocolate is firm. Keep refrigerated.
- KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS:.
- Here's a special-occasion treat that is perfect for enjoying in the fall when apples are at their peak.
- Substitute 2/3 cup chopped PLANTERSS Salted Peanuts for the toasted coconut.
- COOKING KNOW-HOW:.
- If the apples you purchased are waxed, be sure to wash the wax off completely before dipping apples in the melted caramels.