Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
One bite of ooey, gooey, sweet and sticky caramel with fresh crisp apple and you'll remember why you love fall. And the colors ain't it.
- 5 apples, washed and well dried (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 (14 ounce) pacakage Kraft caramels
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 cups baker's angel flake coconut, toasted
- 2 ounces baker's semi-sweet baking chocolate
- Insert wooden pop sticks into stem ends of apples. Microwave caramels and water in deep microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 to 3 minutes or until caramels are melted, stirring every minute.
- DIP apples in caramel, turning to evenly coat; scrape excess from bottoms of apples. Roll apples in coconut; place on greased tray. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- MICROWAVE chocolate in separate deep microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 minute or 1 minute 15 seconds or until chocolate is almost melted, stirring after 1 minute; stir until completely melted. Drizzle chocolate over apples; return to tray. Let stand until chocolate is firm. Keep refrigerated.
- KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS:.
- Here's a special-occasion treat that is perfect for enjoying in the fall when apples are at their peak.
- Substitute 2/3 cup chopped PLANTERSS Salted Peanuts for the toasted coconut.
- COOKING KNOW-HOW:.
- If the apples you purchased are waxed, be sure to wash the wax off completely before dipping apples in the melted caramels.