Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Caramel Apples This is just unbelievable. Winner of a crockpot recipe contest. Try it.
Make and share this Caramel Apples W/ Angel Food Cake and Vanilla Ice Cream recipe from Food.com.
- 3 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into wedges
- 3⁄4 cup apple cider
- 10 ounces caramel candies, individual wrappers removed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 angel food cake (purchase or home made)
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick spray. in medium bowl, combine apple nectar (or apple cider), caramels, vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon. When combined place in slow cooker.
- Drop peanut butter, spoonful at a time into slow cooker, spacing evenly over surface of cooker.
- Add apple wedges, cover and cook for 5 hours on low setting.
- At end of 5 hours, remove cover and stir ingredients, cover and cook for 1 more hour.
- To serve, place slice of angel food cake on serving dish, top with oohey goohey caramel apples and a scoop of vanilla ice cream.