Prep 12 mins
Cook 6 mins
A special sauce to serve over ice cream or waffles, or ----
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 large granny smith apples, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons rum
- Melt butter in lg.
- Add sugar and lemon juice.
- Cook on med.
- stirring constantly, until sugar melts and syrup is golden brown.
- Stir in apples and cook 5-6 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in rum.
MMmmmm, this is so good MissNezz! I didn't use it on ice cream tho, I used it on Lennie's cheese cake supreme. We have an apple tree so I was needing ways to use the apples. The cheese cake w/your topping was a great hit at the cookout today! I'm always requested to bring cheesecake to anything requiring a dish to bring and I usually use a chocolate/caramel drizzle, or strawberries, etc. But now, I'm freezing extra apples just to make your sauce! I followed your directions exact, and had no problems. I let it cool slightly before topping the cake. Thanks so very much!!.......Kitty