Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a low fat, no cholesterol, low sodium, diabetic friendly recipe (wow, that's a mouthful) by Marilyn Helton, who writes a column: "Diabetic Dining on Fabulous Foods."
- 709.77 ml sliced peeled apples
- 354.88 ml peeled baby carrots
- 118.29 ml water
- 0.59 ml salt
- 9.85 ml margarine
- 59.14 ml firmly packed brown sugar
- 2.46 ml cinnamon or 2.46 ml apple pie spice
- 78.07 ml dried tart cherry
- Place apples, carrots, water and salt in 3-quart saucepan.
- Cover and cook over medium heat until water starts to boil (precook the carrots some if they are big enough to take longer than your apple slices).
- Reduce heat and simmer 3-5 minutes; drain.
- Add remaining ingredients, tossing gently until combined.
- Cook over medium heat 3 minutes longer or until sugar is dissolved and apples are glazed.
These sweet little gems are delicious. Love the apple and carrot mix, and that they are low fat. Made using Splenda Brown Sugar. Thanks for the yummy post.