This is a low fat, no cholesterol, low sodium, diabetic friendly recipe (wow, that's a mouthful) by Marilyn Helton, who writes a column: "Diabetic Dining on Fabulous Foods."
- Place apples, carrots, water and salt in 3-quart saucepan.
- Cover and cook over medium heat until water starts to boil (precook the carrots some if they are big enough to take longer than your apple slices).
- Reduce heat and simmer 3-5 minutes; drain.
- Add remaining ingredients, tossing gently until combined.
- Cook over medium heat 3 minutes longer or until sugar is dissolved and apples are glazed.