1/1 Photo of Caramel Apples
Mary in LA.'s Note:
In the summertime is when I usually cook my apples.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash completely dry the apples.
- 2Insert a stick into the stem end of each.
- 3Line a 9-by-inch or 7-by-11-inch baking pan with foil.
- 4Place the chopped nuts into lined pan.
- 5Fit a heavy-bottomed saucepan with a candy thermometer.
- 6Over high heat, cook 3/4 cup of the cream, the corn syrup,butter,and sugar to 280 F firm ball; at this point the syrup will be golden.
- 7Remove from the heat and carefully swirl in the remaining 1/4 cup of cream and the vanilla.
- 8Use caution: this is very hot, and it may splatter.
- 9While the caramel is hot, dip and turn the apples into the caramel to coat and let the excess drip off.
- 10Dip the bottoms into the chopped nuts.
- 11Arrange the apples on a nonstick or waxed paper- lined cookie sheet and let dry.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Apples
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 568.3
- Calories from Fat 286
- Total Fat 31.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 71.2 mg
- Sodium 37.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 48.7 g
- Protein 5.8 g