This is a recipe I made using another one and adjusting to suit my needs for a cooking class. It's delicious and impressive!!
- In a large bowl whisk together milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Cut pound cake into small cubes.
- Cut the apples in the filling into small pieces.
- Place 1/2 of cake cubes in bottom of trifle dish, or large glass bowl.
- Pour 1/4 cup caramel topping over cake.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup toffee bits (or pecans).
- Spread 1/2 of pudding mixture on top, making sides of trifle dish look pretty!
- Spoon 1/2 of apple pie filling on top of pudding.
- Spread half of whipped topping on top of apples.
- Repeat layers: cake, caramel topping, toffee bits, pudding, apple pie filling, whipped topping.
- Drizzle with additional caramel topping and toffee bits.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Made this for a Thanksgiving potluck...Nothing left of it and I bought the family size Sara Lee cake and an 1/2 can extra of apple pie filling. (could only find the apple pie filling and not the cinnamon and spice) However, in the ice cream topping section found a Smucker's topping that was apple cinnamon and I combined it with the carmal topping. Topped it with cool whip, caramel and toffee. Will definitely make this again. It was a HIT.. Made me look like Martha Stewart!!! Thanks...
Really good desert. I used plain apple pie filling and it turned out great. I made it for a party and it disappeared quickly.
This was so yummy.....everyone had seconds and they all wanted the recipe...