Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This came from my aunt. It's great for a change of pace from apple pie.
Make and share this Caramel Apple Tart recipe from Food.com.
- 1 premade refrigerated pie crust
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 medium tart green apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup caramel apple dip
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons apple jelly
- powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Let pie crust stand to room temperature.
- Combine sugar, cinnamon, lemon zest, and apple slices. Toss to coat.
- Unfold pie crust; place on baking sheet.
- Spread caramel apple dip over crust to within 2 inches of edge.
- Place apple mixture over caramel. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Fold sides of crust about 2 inches up and over the apples, folding where necessary.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Melt jelly in pan over low heat.
- Remove tart from oven and brush jelly over entire tart including pastry.
- Sift powdered sugar over before serving.