Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is great to pop in the microwave while you are eating dinner, it's quick and simple to make, great served with icecream.
Top Review by CarrolJ
There were two of us who tasted this and made determination. My 16 yr old DGD loved it. I thought it was a bit tart which surprised me with both caramel sauce and sugar in it. I would have liked it better if it had more of a apple crisp style topping I think. All in all it is good. Made for P.A.R.T.Y. 2011.
- 2 medium apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar (more if desired)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans (optional) or 2 tablespoons walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange the apple slices in a small shallow microwave-safe baking dish (a 9-inch micro-safe pie plate works great).
- In a small bowl, mix caramel, water and lemon juice; spoon evenly over the apples.
- In another small bowl, mix together the flour, white sugar,(or brown sugar if using) and cinnamon; cut in the butter until consistancy of coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle the crumbs evenly over the apples.
- Cook uncovered on HIGH for 5-7 minutes.
- Top with chopped nuts before serving.
- Serve warm with icecream if desired-- yummy!