Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
This is great to pop in the microwave while you are eating dinner, it's quick and simple to make, great served with icecream.
- 2 medium apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar (more if desired)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans (optional) or 2 tablespoons walnuts (optional)
- Arrange the apple slices in a small shallow microwave-safe baking dish (a 9-inch micro-safe pie plate works great).
- In a small bowl, mix caramel, water and lemon juice; spoon evenly over the apples.
- In another small bowl, mix together the flour, white sugar,(or brown sugar if using) and cinnamon; cut in the butter until consistancy of coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle the crumbs evenly over the apples.
- Cook uncovered on HIGH for 5-7 minutes.
- Top with chopped nuts before serving.
- Serve warm with icecream if desired-- yummy!
There were two of us who tasted this and made determination. My 16 yr old DGD loved it. I thought it was a bit tart which surprised me with both caramel sauce and sugar in it. I would have liked it better if it had more of a apple crisp style topping I think. All in all it is good. Made for P.A.R.T.Y. 2011.
I cheated with this a bit & rather than doing the flour topping I topped mine with granola, a little cinnamon & a few dots of butter. Served with vanilla yoghurt for breakfast, this was fabulous. Not sure about the 4 servings though I used 2 smallish apples but still managed to eat the whole lot myself...:lol: Thanks Kitten!