Recipe by Rodeocowgirl
VERY GOOD. This is like apple crisp with a cinnamon flavor. You can add extra apples as you see fit and don't have to peel them if you don't want to.
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 3 cups caramel topping
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 -3 medium apples, peeled diced
- vanilla ice cream or cinnamon ice cream
- caramel topping, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees, grease bottom and sides of rectangular pan. 13x9x2 inches, with shortening.
- beat butter and brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on med. speed until will mixed.
- beat in 1 cup flour, the oats, cinnamon, baking soda, and pecans, until well blended and crumbly.
- press half of the crumbly mixture into bottom of pan.
- reserve remaining crumbly mixture for topping.
- spread apples over crust in pan.
- heat 3/4 cup caramel topping and 1/4 cup flour to boil in 1 quart saucepan, stirring constantly.
- boil about 1 minute, stiring constantly, until slightly thickened.
- drizzle over apples.
- sprinkle with reserved crumbly mixture.
- bake 35-45 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- cool 30 mins before serving.
- top with ice cream and additional carmel topping.