Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
VERY GOOD. This is like apple crisp with a cinnamon flavor. You can add extra apples as you see fit and don't have to peel them if you don't want to.
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 3 cups caramel topping
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 -3 medium apples, peeled diced
- vanilla ice cream or cinnamon ice cream
- caramel topping, if desired
- Heat oven to 350 degrees, grease bottom and sides of rectangular pan. 13x9x2 inches, with shortening.
- beat butter and brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on med. speed until will mixed.
- beat in 1 cup flour, the oats, cinnamon, baking soda, and pecans, until well blended and crumbly.
- press half of the crumbly mixture into bottom of pan.
- reserve remaining crumbly mixture for topping.
- spread apples over crust in pan.
- heat 3/4 cup caramel topping and 1/4 cup flour to boil in 1 quart saucepan, stirring constantly.
- boil about 1 minute, stiring constantly, until slightly thickened.
- drizzle over apples.
- sprinkle with reserved crumbly mixture.
- bake 35-45 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- cool 30 mins before serving.
- top with ice cream and additional carmel topping.
Made these over the weekend. They are very good and easy to make. They turned out soft and chewy. Will be making again soon. Thanks for the post!!