Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Wonderful fall treat! Got from a Gold Medal Flour cookbook.
Make and share this Caramel Apple Squares recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3 cups chopped unpeeled apples (2 medium)
- 3⁄4 cup caramel topping
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- vanilla ice cream (optional) or cinnamon ice cream (optional)
- caramel topping (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F and grease bottom & sides of 9x13-inch pan with shortening.
- Beat butter & brown sugar in large bowl on medium speed until well mixed. Beat in 1 cup flour, the oats, cinnamon, baking soda and pecans until well blended and crumbly. Press half of the crumbly mixture in bottom of pan. Reserve remaining crumbly mixture for topping.
- Spread apples over crust in pan. Heat 3/4 cup caramel topping and 1/4 cup flour to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil about 1 minute, stirring constantly until slightly thickened. Drizzle over apples. Sprinkle w/reserved crumbly mixture.
- Bake 35 - 45 minutes or until top is golden brown. Cool 30 minutes before serving. Top with ice cream an additional caramel topping.