Prep 4 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This makes a wonderful easy dessert..good any time of the year..
Make and share this Caramel Apple Squares recipe from Food.com.
- 11 graham cracker squares
- 22 Kraft caramels, unwrapped
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2⁄3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup cold milk
- 3 ounces size instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups thawed Cool Whip
- 2 cups diced red apples
- 1⁄4 cup kraft miniature marshmallow
- Arrange crackers in bottom of 12x8 baking dish, cutting crackers to fit if necessary.
- Microwave 15 of the caramels and 2 tbls of the milk in a small microwaveable bowl on high 1-1 1/2 minutes or until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth, stirring after 1 minute.
- Spread over crackers, sprinkle with 1/3 cup of the walnuts. Refrigerate.
- Pour 1 cup of milk into large bowl, add pudding mix, beat with wire whisk 1-2 minutes.
- Gently stir in 1 cup of whipped topping. Spread over caramel layer.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours or until ready to serve.
- Garnish with remaining Cool Whip, 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, apples and marshmallows. Microwave remaining 7 caramels and 1 tbls milk in small microwaveable bowl on high 1 minut or until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth, stirring after 30 seconds.
- Drizzle over top of dessert. Store leftover dessert in refrigerator.
This is a great recipe... I was trying to look for this recipe for a long time. This is so good! I am looking for the cookbook that this was in...if anyone knows, please let me know. Thank you so much! Glad to have found this by Grandma! :)