Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this in a friends magazine and am posting it here for safe keeping.
- 7 cups popped popcorn
- 4 cups Crispix cereal
- 4 cups Apple Jacks cereal
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- In a large greased roasting pan, combine popcorn, cereals and peanuts: set aside. In a large saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter and corn syrup: bring to a rolling boil over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, Cook, without stirring, until mixture turns a medium amber color, about 8 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; quickly stir in vanilla and baking soda until mixture is light and foamy. Immediately pour over cereal mixture; stir until evenly coated.
- Bake at 250 for about 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread mixture onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Cool completely. Store in airtight containers.
We loved it. I didn't really care for all the peanuts left in the bottom of the bowl but as I don't love peanuts anyway I'll just leave them out in the future. Beware, this is very addictive.
Love this! I had this same recipe and went to post and found this post! I like to make this in the fall and have for snacks and football games. I put in my husband's lunches as well and he loves it!
I made this for Thanksgiving....needless to say, it didn't last that long. Everyone loved the combo of salty and sweet!