Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
This is one of my favorite snack mixes. It's sweet rather than being spicy like most snack mixes. This is also great for gift baskets, hostess gifts, or to take to a party.
Top Review by drinkmore
This snack mix is a tasty treat. I couldn't find the apple cheerios so just used plain then added couple teaspoons cinnamon to the caramel before mixing. I had to taste test it before we took it to a family gathering. It was really good maybe I could have used more cinnamon but I'm not complaining. Thanks for a great recipe!
- 2 1⁄2 cups butter-flavored pretzel sticks
- 2 1⁄2 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups apple cinnamon Cheerios
- 1 (14 ounce) bag caramels
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees. In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- In a small saucepan, place the caramels and water. Melt the caramels on low, stirring constantly, just until smooth.
- Pour over the cereal, stirring to coat. Spread on a cookie sheet. Bake 1 hour, stirring ever 15 minutes.
- Spread out to cool and break into pieces.
- Store in an air-tight container.