Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
The classic combination of apples and caramel come together in a warm, old fashioned dessert for two. A Pillsbury recipe which is very easy and tasty as well. Very good with cinnamon ice cream instead of whipped topping.
- 2 pillsbury oven baked frozen buttermilk biscuits (from 25-oz bag)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 dash ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup caramel topping
- 1 medium apple, peeled & sliced
- 1⁄4 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Bake biscuits as directed on bag.
- Place on wire rack.
- Brush tops with melted butter.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over biscuits.
- In 1-qt. saucepan, heat caramel over med. heat until just warm.
- Stir in apple; cook 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until apple is crisp-tender.
- Split warm biscuits; fill and top with the apple mixture. Top with whipped topping.