Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Recipe courtesy of LaSure's Cafe and Bakery, Oshkosh
- 5 cups granny smith apples, peeled and chopped
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Mix sauce ingredients together.(sugar, pineapple flour, egg,vinegar).
- Heat on stove until thick, stirring often.
- Cool in refrigerator.
- Fold together sauce, cool whip and peanuts. Fold in apples.
- Sprinkle with peanuts and chill until served.
We loved this salad! The combination of the peanuts and apples is delightful. Thanks for a keeper! UPDATE: Made again using brown sugar rather than white sugar and it was even better, so I've revised my rating to five stars.