Recipe by jennifer.blake-somers
I don't remember where I originally got this recipe, but I am glad I have it! The ingredients sound strange, but trust me, it's delicious!!
Top Review by EZFood
This is one of my all time favorite recipes. I got this same recipe from a co-worker years ago and make it at almost every holdiay gathering. I also leave the apples unpeeled when I make the salad.
- 4 granny smith apples, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 egg
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat egg.
- Combine egg, flour, sugar, juice from the can of pineapple and vinegar in a saucepan.
- Stir on low heat until the consistency is like pudding.
- Refrigerate until completely cool.
- When cold, fold in Cool Whip.
- Add apples and pineapple and stir gently until completely coated.
- Just before serving, sprinkle chopped peanuts on top.