Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
I don't remember where I originally got this recipe, but I am glad I have it! The ingredients sound strange, but trust me, it's delicious!!
- 4 granny smith apples, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 egg
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- Beat egg.
- Combine egg, flour, sugar, juice from the can of pineapple and vinegar in a saucepan.
- Stir on low heat until the consistency is like pudding.
- Refrigerate until completely cool.
- When cold, fold in Cool Whip.
- Add apples and pineapple and stir gently until completely coated.
- Just before serving, sprinkle chopped peanuts on top.
This is one of my all time favorite recipes. I got this same recipe from a co-worker years ago and make it at almost every holdiay gathering. I also leave the apples unpeeled when I make the salad.
FINALLY! I found it!!! The chef is right, the others were only bandages on ingredients! THIS IS TASTY! I dare you all to try this one it will jump to 1st in no time
Thanks so much for your review of my [recipe=31482]Baked Beans Don't Get Any Better Than This[/recipe] In return, I decided to make this wonderful dessert. What a great combination of flavors and the chopped dry roasted peanuts put this over the top. This is a simple yet elegant dessert that will surely please your guests. Thanks for shring, Chef 309422