Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
On my search for a recipe from a local restaurant I came across this one that sounds somewhat familiar. I've posted the original recipe which uses Stouffer's Harvest Apples but you can also use your favorite apple pie filling, however, be sure to precook before filling the quesadillas.
- 2 (12 ounce) packagesstouffer's frozen harvest apples, prepared according to package directions, kept hot
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 10 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 (8 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
- Cimbine sugar and cinnamon in small bowl.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-low heat; heat each tortilla on one side for 3 minutes or until golden.
- Sprinkle heated side of tortilla with cinnamon-sugar mixture; keep warm.
- Place tortilla; uncooked side up on cutting board; top with escalloped apples.
- Fold over; cut in half.
- Place on serving plate.
- Drizzle with caramel topping; top with whipped cream and almonds, if desired.