Caramel Apple Quesadillas
- Chop apples coarsely; toss with lemon juice, sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Combine cream cheese and powdered sugar in a separate large bowl. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Saute apples and pecans about 5 minutes or until apples are tender. Remove from heat and stir into cream cheese mixture. Return skillet to heat.
- Melt 1 tsp butter in skillet; tilt skillet to spread butter. Place 1 tortilla in skillet; turn to coat both sides. Heat tortilla 30-60 seconds, turning as needed to prevent burning, until torilla is slightly crispy. Remove skillet from heat. Spoon 1/6 apple-cream cheese mixture (about 1/3 cup) down center of tortilla. Fold tortilla in half. Press lightly with spatula to close. Place quesadilla on a baking sheet in a low oven, uncovered, to keep warm.
- Repeat step #4 to make 5 more quesadillas. Reduce heat under skillet to Medium or move skillet on and off heat, as needed, to prevent burning.
- Serve quesadillas warm and drizzled with caramel topping.