- 5 green apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 2⁄3 cups self-raising flour
- 250 g caster sugar
- 200 ml milk
- 150 g unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Lightly butter baking dish.
- Place apples in dish.
- Mix flour, caster sugar, milk, butter and eggs in bowl, and beat until pale.
- Spread mixture over aplpes.
- Place brown sugar, syrup and 300ml water in saucepan and stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Then bring to boil without stirring .
- Pour over pudding and bake for 30 minutes until top is golden.