My husband says this recipe is an excuse to eat dessert for dinner. Yes, it is sweet, but also very tasty. I'm a sucker for any recipe with apples.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 175 degrees.
- 2Place a medium sized dish in the oven to keep warm.
- 3Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 4Brush chops lightly with oil and place in hot pan.
- 5Cook for 5 or 6 minutes (I think it took me longer than that), turning occasionally, until done.
- 6Transfer to the warm dish, and keep warm in preheated oven.
- 7In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, salt, pepper, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 8Add butter to skillet and stir in brown sugar mixture and apples.
- 9Cover and cook until apples are just tender.
- 10Remove apples with a slotted spoon and arrange on top of chops.
- 11Keep warm in preheated oven.
- 12Continue cooking mixture uncovered in skillet until sauce thickens slightly.
- 13Spoon sauce over apples and chops.
- 14Sprinkle with pecans.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Apple Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (315 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 347.2
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 90.3 mg
- Sodium 71.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 22.7 g