Recipe by jmelyn
My husband says this recipe is an excuse to eat dessert for dinner. Yes, it is sweet, but also very tasty. I'm a sucker for any recipe with apples.
Top Review by cruzzo
This was pretty good. Sweet but definitely not too sweet. I made it as listed except I added a little bit of chopped onion when cooking apples. Sounds funny but it tasted good and balanced out the sweet a little.
- 4 pork chops, 3/4 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tart apples, peeled,cored and sliced
- 3 tablespoons pecans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees.
- Place a medium sized dish in the oven to keep warm.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brush chops lightly with oil and place in hot pan.
- Cook for 5 or 6 minutes (I think it took me longer than that), turning occasionally, until done.
- Transfer to the warm dish, and keep warm in preheated oven.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, salt, pepper, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add butter to skillet and stir in brown sugar mixture and apples.
- Cover and cook until apples are just tender.
- Remove apples with a slotted spoon and arrange on top of chops.
- Keep warm in preheated oven.
- Continue cooking mixture uncovered in skillet until sauce thickens slightly.
- Spoon sauce over apples and chops.
- Sprinkle with pecans.