Recipe by Rita~
Playing with drink recipes again! A nice Fall Drink! Forget the fall, this is an anytime drink! Today is May 21,04 I just made this again and posted the picture with these changes, without the soda, I dipped the apple garnish into my caramel sauce Caramel Sauce, dipped the rim into the caramel then dipped into frosted flakes and candied walnuts put through my coffee grinder. So Yummy and dangerous!!!! I asked 2 different bar tenders to make this drink for me. One at Applebees and the other at Catch 22 both in NJ. The Applebees bartender at first said he didn't have the ingredients but then he I told him he had apple schnapps, vanilla vodka and buttershots schnapps he went and made better then I did. He swirled caramel on the inside of the glass his own doing (Can you believe I didn't have to tell him to do that) and dipped the rim into cinnamon and sugar my telling him. He had no problem making this drink for me and invited my husband and I back on the nights he works. The bartender at Catch 22 didn't like making something new at first but he came accustom very fast when everyone was trying my drink and going up and asking him for one.($8.00 a drink he was charging). He made out on me! But it was worth it! So if you want skip the splash of soda! It really doesn't need it!
Top Review by Nikoma
These are FANTABULOUS! I can't wait to make them again for more people! Made exactly to recipe except I mixed it up X6 in a decanter and kept it chilled. Then served over ice or not (depending on hat people wanted) The cream soda is a wonderful touch! It adds the perfect flavor AND lets everyone customize how strong they want their drinks. I used Dr.McGillicuddy's Apple Pie Liquor and highly recommend it. Also found the easiest way to rim the glasses was to melt the caramel on a plate and swirl the glass rims around. Much less fuss. Thanks so much for this recipe!!
- cinnamon graham cracker, crushed for the rim of glass
- caramel ice cream topping, for rim of large martini glass
- 1⁄4 cup iced vanilla vodka
- 2 tablespoons dekuyper butterscotch schnapps
- 2 tablespoons apple Schnapps (can use Puckers sour apple)
- 1 dash cream soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Drizzle caramel topping down the inside rim of glass and chill.
- In a shaker full of ice add vodka,apple Schnapps and Buttershots shake till your hands become very very cold.
- Dip rim into crushed cookies.
- Pour into martini glass and add a splash of cream soda.