Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is a simple creation I concocted from other recipes & it is heavenly a few minutes out of the oven with a big scoop of natural vanilla ice cream.
- 1 (18 ounce) box butter recipe cake mix
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling (Comstock makes it with with caramel)
- 1 (15 ounce) can fried apples (I use Luck's)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Pour apple pie filling and fried apples in a 13x9 pan evenly.
- Sprinkle apples with spices and sugar.
- Pour dry cake mix over spices.
- Dot with butter.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake 45 minutes-1 hour, until cake is brown and bubbling on sides.
- Serve warm with ice cream.