Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are a fun twist on cupcakes and are perfect for your patriotic festivities.
- 177.44 ml butter
- 414.03 ml sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 14.78 ml vanilla extract
- 12.32 ml baking powder
- 591.47 ml all-purpose flour
- 295.73 ml milk
- 29.58 ml butter
- 9.85 ml ground cinnamon
- 1.23 ml ground nutmeg
- 44.37 ml sugar
- 3 apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 0.25 ml salt
- caramel topping, to taste
- whipped cream, for topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Make the cupcake batter. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Add the eggs one at a time. Stir in the vanilla and baking powder.
- Add the flour and milk in batches, starting with flour and ending with flour. Stir until the batter is smooth and silky.
- Fill paper-lined muffin tins with the batter 3/4 full.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes. Allow to cool completely before decorating.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, make the apple pie filling. Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in the cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar. Cook until the mixture begins to bubble, about 1 minute.
- Lower the heat to medium. Stir in the apples and salt. Cook and stir occasionally until the apples are tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool.
- Assemble the cupcakes. Using a paring knife, cut out the middle of each cupcake using the coning method.
- Spoon the apple mixture into each cupcake and drizzle caramel over all.
- Top with whipped cream and decorate.