These are a fun twist on cupcakes and are perfect for your patriotic festivities.
Make and share this Caramel Apple Pie Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 pinch salt
- caramel topping, to taste
- whipped cream, for topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Make the cupcake batter. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Add the eggs one at a time. Stir in the vanilla and baking powder.
- Add the flour and milk in batches, starting with flour and ending with flour. Stir until the batter is smooth and silky.
- Fill paper-lined muffin tins with the batter 3/4 full.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes. Allow to cool completely before decorating.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, make the apple pie filling. Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in the cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar. Cook until the mixture begins to bubble, about 1 minute.
- Lower the heat to medium. Stir in the apples and salt. Cook and stir occasionally until the apples are tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool.
- Assemble the cupcakes. Using a paring knife, cut out the middle of each cupcake using the coning method.
- Spoon the apple mixture into each cupcake and drizzle caramel over all.
- Top with whipped cream and decorate.