Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I made this Caramel Apple Pie for my kids who were here for a visit. I should have made 2 pies, I never got a piece of this pie, it went that fast. Guess I'll have to make another one just for myself.
- Prepare piecrust.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough from center to edges into a 12-inch circle.
- Wrap pastry around a rolling pin.
- Unroll into a 9-inch pie plate.
- Ease pastry into pie plate.
- Trim to 1/2-inch beyond edge of plate.
- Fold under pastry;crimp.
- Don't prick pastry.
- For Filling:.
- In large bowl, mix sugar, 1/4 cup flour and cinnamon.
- Add apples and toss to coat.
- Transfer to pastry-lined pie plate.
- Combine 2 Tablespoons of the caramel-apple dip and 2 Tablespoons milk; drizzle over apples.
- In mixing bowl, combine the 1 cup flour and brown sugar. Cut in 1/2 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle over filling.
- Cover edge of pie with foil to prevent over browning.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil.
- Bake 25-30 minutes more or until golden.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Drizzle remaining caramel dip over top.
- Cool pie on wire rack.
This is a FANTASTIC pie - I served it for a dinner party and people were licking their plates clean! I made not changes other than using Jonagold Apples (could not find any Jonathan Apples). Everyone went home with the recipe. This will be a special occasion "go to" from now on. Thanks!