- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup cold land o lakes butter
- 4 -5 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon land o lakes butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup thick caramel ice cream topping
- 6 medium tart cooking apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- heat oven to 400*.
- Combine clour and salt in large bowl.
- cut in butter with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in enough water with fork just until flour is moistened.
- Devide dough in half; shape each half into ball.
- Flatten slightly.
- Wrap 1 ball of dough in plastic wrap; refrigerate.
- Roll out remaining ball of ough on lightly floured surface into 12-inch circle.
- Fold into quarters.
- Place dough into 9-inch pie pan; uncold, pressing against bottom and sides.
- Trim crust to 1/2 inch from edge of pan; set aside.
- Lightly toss together caramel, apples, and lemon juice in large bowl.
- Add 1/2 cup sugar, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon; toss lightly.
- Spoon apple mixture into prepared crust.
- Roll out remaining ball of dough into 11-inch circle.
- Cut out 10 (1/2 inch) strips with sharp knife or pastry wheel.
- Place 5 strips, 1 inch apart, across filling in pie pan.
- Weave remaining 5 strips at right angles to strips already in place.
- Trim ends.
- Fold trimmed edge of bottom crust over strips; build up an edge.
- Crimp or flute edge.
- Brush strips with 1 tablespoons melted butter; sprinkle with 1 teaspoons sugar.
- cover edge of crust with 2-inch strip of foil.
- Bake for 35 minute.
- Remove foil.
- bake for another 20-25 min or until lightly browned and juice begins to bubble.
- cool pie 30-45 minute.
- serve warm.