Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Make and share this Caramel Apple Pastries recipe from Food.com.
- Crisco® Butter Flavor No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3 large baking apples, such as Granny Smith, peeled, cored, and finely chopped
- 118.29 ml Smucker's® Sundae Syrup™ Caramel Flavored Syrup
- 118.29 ml toffee pieces
- 16 sheet phyllo pastry (available in the freezer section of many grocery stores)
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
- HEAT oven to 375ºF. Spray a baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE apples, caramel syrup and toffee bits; set aside.
- LAY phyllo pastry sheets flat under a sheet of plastic wrap. Place a slightly damp kitchen towel over the plastic wrap. Removing one sheet of pastry at a time, spray completely with cooking spray. Top with another sheet of phyllo pastry; spray with cooking spray. Repeat until four sheets of phyllo are stacked.
- CUT the stacked pastry into 2 equal rectangles. Place 1/3 cup apple mixture 1 inch from a short edge of the dough. Fold long edges in about 1/2-inch, then roll, beginning with filling end, until a cylinder (egg-roll shape) is formed. Repeat with other half of dough. Repeat with remaining sheets of phyllo and apple filling.
- PLACE each roll on prepared baking sheet. Spray tops of each roll with cooking spray. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until pastries are golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- PLACE 2 rolls on each of 4 dessert plates; drizzle with caramel sundae syrup and serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired.