Recipe by JackieMarie
I found this in the newspaper and it sounds awesome. I will be making it soon!
Top Review by diner524
Made these for dessert for our Sunday dinner. I had never worked with phyllo pastry before and had a fun time with my son making this yummy dessert. Like the other reviewer said, whats not to like with this recipe. I really liked the filling, before it was even cooked in the phyllo pastry, could eat it all on its own. Thanks for a great recipe JackieMarie.
- 3 large baking apples, peeled, cored & finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1⁄2 cup toffee pieces
- 16 sheets phyllo pastry
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375. Spray baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- In mixing bowl, combine apples, caramel and toffee bits, set aside.
- Lay phyllo pastry sheets flat under a sheet of plastic wrap and place a slightly damp kitchen towel over plastic.
- Remove one sheet of phyllo and spray completely with cooking spray.
- Top with another sheet of phyllo & spray with cooking spray. Repeat until four sheets of phyllo are stacked.
- Cut the stacked phyllo into 2 equal rectangles.
- Spread 1/3 cup of apple mixture 1 inch from a short edge of the dough.
- Fold in long edges about 1/2 inch, then roll, beginning with filling end, until a cylinder is formed.
- Repeat with remaining phyllo and filling.
- Place each roll on baking sheet.
- Spray tops of each roll with cooking spray.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let stand five minutes and drizzle with syrup.
- Serve with ice cream, if desired.
- *This makes 8 rolls.