Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Really great pancake topping that can be used with any pancake recipe so if you don't like the one included. I got this from http://www.auntjemima.com
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 small apples, cored, cut crosswise into very thin slices (gala, fuji, granny smith)
- 1 cup pancake mix (Aunt Jemima Original Pancake & Waffle Mix)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup, warmed
- For caramel apples, melt butter in large skillet. Add brown sugar and cinnamon; cook and stir until sugar is melted.
- Add apples, stirring to coat with sugar mixture.
- Cook over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes or until apples are tender, stirring frequently. Keep warm over low heat.
- For pancakes, combine pancake mix and cinnamon in medium bowl.
- Combine milk, egg and melted butter in small bowl with wire whisk; add to dry mixture.
- Stir with wire whisk until large lumps disappear. Let stand 1 to 2 minutes to thicken.
- For each pancake, pour scant 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle.
- Turn when pancakes bubble and bottoms are golden brown.
- Serve topped with apple mixture and Syrup.
These were pretty good. The kids were happy as they wanted something with apples. I made as written except we used Bisquick and added 2 more apples the topping mixture. Thanks for a good breakfast!