Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Really great pancake topping that can be used with any pancake recipe so if you don't like the one included. I got this from http://www.auntjemima.com
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 small apples, cored, cut crosswise into very thin slices (gala, fuji, granny smith)
- 1 cup pancake mix (Aunt Jemima Original Pancake & Waffle Mix)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup, warmed
- For caramel apples, melt butter in large skillet. Add brown sugar and cinnamon; cook and stir until sugar is melted.
- Add apples, stirring to coat with sugar mixture.
- Cook over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes or until apples are tender, stirring frequently. Keep warm over low heat.
- For pancakes, combine pancake mix and cinnamon in medium bowl.
- Combine milk, egg and melted butter in small bowl with wire whisk; add to dry mixture.
- Stir with wire whisk until large lumps disappear. Let stand 1 to 2 minutes to thicken.
- For each pancake, pour scant 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle.
- Turn when pancakes bubble and bottoms are golden brown.
- Serve topped with apple mixture and Syrup.