- 5 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup thinly sliced apple (1-2 apples)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 9-inch pie pan with non-stick spray.
- In small pan melt butter and add brown sugar. Cook until sugar melts, about 4 minutes, stir in cinnamon.
- Pour into prepared pan. Arrange apple slices evenly on top. set aside.
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add buttermilk and egg and whisk until blended. Stir in melted butter.
- Pour over apples covering evenly. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown on edges.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Invert onto serving dish.